What to Buy in April
I love April. It is far enough from the cold chill of winter and yet, not too hot outside as well. For me, there is something relaxing and renewing about the rain it brings as well. This is the time of year when the tulips and daffodils are blooming and everything is waking up from it’s winter slumber.
April is also a great month to get some amazing seasonal deals. Here is some of what April has to offer:
What to Buy in April
Spring Clothes for the whole family: April is a good time to snag deals on spring attire. These are things like capris, short sleeve sweaters and open-toed shoes. You may be able to see some deals on warm weather formal attire as well leading up to Easter (which falls on April 20 this year) and heavy discounts right after. This is a great time to get dress attire for any summer weddings you will be attending.
Jewelry: There is still a drop in jewelry sales this month, so you might be able to snag some great deals just in time for Mother’s day. Look for sales up to 50% off at most retailers.
Tax Day Freebies: This year, I have noticed a couple of chains for fast food offering free stuff like french fries (no purchase!) on April 15th. Stay tuned to A Mitten Full of Savings for any that pop up this Month.
Cookware and kitchen: With wedding season and graduations coming, you will see the prices of kitchen accessories and cookware drop. This is a great time of year to get that pot and pan set you have been eying.
Sneakers: Since marathons are coming in just a couple months, sneakers will likely be on sale this month to meet the timing of training.
Items you’ll find on clearance:
- Easter table linens (store are currently between 50-70 off right now)
- cookie cutters
- seasonal clothing
- yard decorations
- Winter clearance deep discounts now on linens, shoes, boots, jackets, coats, clothing etc
- Passover goodies
Groceries to Buy This Month:
Eggs will be at an all time low for the year in anticipation for Easter.
Ham is also on deep discount this month for Easter. Buy some and freeze it for later.
Frozen Pies, rolls, and pie crusts are also on sale this month.
For produce, now is prime mushroom season as well as artichokes, asparagus, rhubarb, spring mix and avocados.
- Follow up on your requests to the National Park Service (for campers) or Chamber of Commerce or Visitors centers for brochures & free events and book specific travel dates, make a list of things you’ll need for your trip & continue planning
- Plan a date this month to start planting your garden (if if its just a window garden of herbs)
- Buy Easter clearance items and tuck away (like candy for a birthday piniata later in the year, or buy Easter clothes 1 size up & tuck away for next year)
- Remember to schedule your little ones for free events like the Lowes Build and Grow or Home Depot
- Harvest buttons and shoe laces off of shirts and shoes that are unusable and can’t be donated (save for another use, pair of shoes etc)
- Plan a date next month for a yard sale to get rid of toys that are no longer used, clothes that don’t fit etc
- Challenge your family to a weekend of “no spending”
Thanks Family Frugal Fun!